All staff at the West Huron Care Centre and Blue Water Rest Home are bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information.
We collect, use and disclose personal health information to:
- treat and care for you;
- obtain payment for your treatment and care;
- plan and manage our internal operations;
- conduct risk management and quality improvement;
- teach and provide learning opportunities;
- conduct research;
- compile statistics;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law
Your request for care implies consent for our collection, use and disclosure of personal information for purposes related to care as noted above. All other purposes require express consent.
You have the right at any time to withhold or withdraw consent to disclose personal health information. You will be required to sign the appropriate form which will be forwarded to the Privacy Officer.